Here are some practical, fun ways to help children understand the significance of Christmas.
Watch this video to help kids understand why we celebrate Jesus's birth.
Watch this video to help you read the story of Jesus's birth in Matthew.
Watch this video to help you read the story of Jesus's birth in Luke.
Watch this video to help you use common Christmas symbols to teach children.
Here are even more activities
- Read about Jesus’s birth in the Bible (found in the Bible in Matthew 1:18-2:12, Luke 1:26-38, and Luke 2:1-21). For a free, online Bible, click here.
- Sing carols like Away in a Manger, O Come All Ye Faithful, and O Holy Night.
- When you wrap and give gifts, remind children that we give gifts because Jesus was given as a gift for us.
- Bake Christmas cookies for someone in need. Deliver them as a gift.
- Give your children coins to drop in the Salvation Army containers.
- Attend church together through the Advent/Christmas season.
- Wrap a baby doll to be opened on Christmas morning. When it is opened, remind the children that Jesus was the best gift ever.